'Premium grade' matcha is our second highest quality matcha and is exclusively blended for Matcha Moments©. Leaves come from the second harvest and are being hand-picked.
In contrary to many other matcha providers that cover their plants with only one layer of shade, the tea leaves used for Matcha Moments© receive a double layer of shade, creating up to 95% darkness. This does requires a much more intensive and careful cultivation of the tea plant, but pushes the plants to produce an exceptional amount of Chlorophyll, L-theanine and immunity-boosting antioxidants But it also gives the matcha its unique umami flavor profile.
After the laborious task of destemming and deveining, the leaves are being hand-milled very gently between large granite wheels into the final matcha powder. This time-consuming activity, where it takes over one hour to grind 30 grams of matcha powder, is done very gently to avoid scorching of the leaves.
30 grams = 30 drinks
Our 'Premium grade' matcha tea has a beautiful full green color.
It has a medium to full bodied taste with slight notes of roasted nuttiness with a superior umami undertone. You will experience a rich & harmonious taste with a silky soft mouthfeel and sweet finish.
Our Premium matcha is ideal to be enjoyed in blended drinks, like matcha latte, matcha smoothies, etc. You can find some inspirational recipes on our blog.
But it can also still be enjoyed as a pure tea.
1. Heat water to just below boiling point (70-80°C).
2. Scoop 1 gram of matcha into a bowl.
3. Add 40ml cold water to the 70ml of the hot water to the bowl.
4. Use a bamboo whisk and whisk vigorously in a zigzag motion until the tea is frothy.
5. Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.
• Use our Matcha Moments scoop for easy measuring (1 scoop = 1 gram)
• Avoid lumps in your matcha and sift your scoop of matcha in the bowl by using a small sifter
• Store in a cool, dry place
• Matcha is sensitive to air, light and moisture.
• Always reseal lid after use