Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
Do you stress-bake sometimes? If yes, then what could be a better treat to bake than some scrumptious matcha cupcakes. Matcha green tea is rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid, that leaves you in a calm and relaxed state while improving your health and well-being.
So while uplifting your mood you can also take your love for matcha tea to the next level and introduce your friends and family to the matcha goodness.Each matcha cupcake has a generous flavor of matcha baked into fluffy and moist cupcake made with the Culinary Matcha- a grade that is perfect for all culinary (baking and cooking) needs.
The taste of your cupcakes and therefore the success of this recipe- is largely dependent on the matcha powder you use. Good quality matcha will definitely yield better tasting delicious matcha cupcakes.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temp
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temp
1 tablespoon sifted matcha
Vanilla buttercream/Coconut creamDIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and place cupcake liners in baking pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and matcha into a large bowl.
(Tip: Sift matcha powder separately to avoid any clumps in the batter.)
- Pour in the milk and oil, and gently stir until just combined and the batter gets thick.
- Next, add in the vanilla and eggs, and mix until the batter comes together.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 way full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out.
- Pipe swirls of vanilla buttercream/coconut cream on fully cooled cupcakes and dust with matcha powder.
You can order the Culinary Grade Matcha Tea powder now by clicking here.
Tip: It’s better to eat the cupcakes within 1-2 days but you can refrigerate them in an airtight container or bag for 3-5 days.