Do you stress-bake sometimes? If yes, then what could be a better treat to bake than some scrumptious matcha cupcakes. Matcha green tea is rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid, that leaves you in a calm and relaxed state while improving your health and well-being.
So while uplifting your mood you can also take your love for matcha tea to the next level and introduce your friends and family to the matcha goodness. Each matcha cupcake has a generous flavor of matcha baked into a fluffy and moist cupcake made with the Premium Matcha- a grade that is perfect for all drinking and baking needs.
The taste of your cupcakes and therefore the success of this recipe- is largely dependent on the matcha powder you use. Good quality matcha will definitely yield better-tasting delicious matcha cupcakes.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whole milk, room temp
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temp
1 tablespoon sifted matcha
Vanilla buttercream/Coconut creamDIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and place cupcake liners in baking pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and matcha into a large bowl.
(Tip: Sift matcha powder separately to avoid any clumps in the batter.)
- Pour in the milk and oil, and gently stir until just combined and the batter gets thick.
- Next, add in the vanilla and eggs, and mix until the batter comes together.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 way full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out.
- Pipe swirls of vanilla buttercream/coconut cream on fully cooled cupcakes and dust with matcha powder.
You can order the Premium Grade Matcha Tea powder now by clicking here.
Tip: It’s better to eat the cupcakes within 1-2 days but you can refrigerate them in an airtight container or bag for 3-5 days.